This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Using Fiddler to sniff mobile device application traffic

| Sunday, November 14, 2010
image_2c66560f-f033-4490-94b1-91fed6f7360c.png

Ever wondered what your favourite iPhone, Android or Windows Phone application is actually doing with your data plan? Wonder if its sending your data to the mother ship without you knowing – Fiddler can be used to easily check this data traffic in the same way that it can be used for web application and web-service troubleshooting and development work.

Recently I've been involved in some mobile device development and became concerned by the selection of code libraries that are on offer to allow you to track how users use your application – this got me thinking:

“…which of my phone’s applications are doing this?…”

My brain got to thinking of an easy way to check the data coming and going on my phone (an iPhone – i hope this doesn’t polarise my readers into thinking I'm best buddies with Steve).

Read more: Diary of Ninja

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: