This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Part 1 of 4 : Tips/Tricks for Silverlight Developers.

| Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I wanted to create a series of blog post that gets right to the point and is aimed specifically at Silverlight Developers. The most important things I want this series to answer is :

What is it?
Why do I care?
How do I do it?
I hope that you enjoy this series. Let’s get started:

Tip/Trick #1)

What is it? You can easily enable a visual Framerate counter inside your Silverlight Application. The end result looks like the image below:

Why do I care? This should be used for profiling/performance testing of your Silverlight Application before you move it into production status.

How do I do it: Simply add the following two lines inside your div tags:

<param name="enableFramerateCounter" value="True" />
<param name="enableGPUAcceleration" value="True" />

Tip/Trick #2)

What is it? You can clear isolated storage on your Silverlight application from the browser instead of through code. A surprising amount of people are not aware of this.

Why do I care? It’s easy to access and do without writing any code. It also can be easily accomplished by an end user.

How do I do it: Simply right-click your Silverlight Application and select Silverlight then click on the Application Storage tab. At the bottom of the tab, you can either delete an individual sites isolated storage or all sites.

Tip/Trick #3)

What is it? Inserting a line break inside of a TextBlock/TextBox.

Why do I care? You will need to insert a linebreak into a TextBlock or Textbox at some point...

How do I do it: You can do it inside of XAML or in code behind by reviewing the samples below:

Here is an example using XAML:

<TextBlock FontSize="24" Height="71" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="12,12,0,0" Name="textBlock1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="229" >
   Hello, my name is <LineBreak/> Michael
</TextBlock>


Read more: Michael Crump

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: