This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Five Indispensable MySQL Tools

| Thursday, March 4, 2010
In the twelve years since first being introduced to MySQL, I've spent a substantial part of my professional life interacting with the database. Like any long-term relationship, my success using MySQL can largely be attributed to how well I've been able to communicate effectively with the database. Thanks to a number of well-designed tools, MySQL simply is a very easy database to "talk to," a convenience which is particularly important because developers often are tasked not only with constructing very complex schemas and queries, but also with monitoring overall server health and performance. The latter often is a unique blend of art and science.

In this article, I introduce you to five indispensable MySQL tools, including some that I've used for more than a decade and one that I've been using for only about two weeks yet am already wondering how I ever got along without it.

phpMyAdmin
MySQL Workbench
(more..)


Read more: developer.com

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: