This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Winforms SkinFramework

| Sunday, February 28, 2010
The CoderLine SkinFramework allows you to add custom Form Borders to your Winforms .net Applications. Didn’t you ever want to give you Windows a unique appearance like Microsoft does it in their Office Suite (since 2007)?

Development Process

To get the expected result I had to do much reading and “trial and error” work.
Main reading sources:

   * http://geekswithblogs.net/kobush/articles/CustomBorderForms.aspx
   * http://customerborderform.codeplex.com/  
   * And of course the MSDN. (Especially about Windows Messages)

The first result of my SkinFramework which I finished as a school project in 2008 was quite unusable. It had been very slow and didn’t render well if I maximized my window. So the project suspended a long time till a few days ago when a developer contacted me and asked about the project state and I got interested into this project again. Meanwhile I have developed on some GUI controls and also used some third party libraries. There were some libraries which also provide skinning functionalities. The main idea I copied from those libraries is not to derive from a special Form class to enable skinning. In my library I want to provide a component which can be added to a form which manages the whole skinning.  
The result of a few days developing is a ~2700 code line small library which allows creating custom form borders alias Skins.

Read more: Codeproject

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: