This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Mobile Security – Users Just Don’t Care

| Wednesday, June 22, 2011
It’s not that users “don’t want to keep their data safe”. They do. Most corporate users don’t want their personal or corporate, private information, available to someone else. They don’t want their email stolen or their contacts pillaged. So why do people insist on ignoring the multitude of security recommendations on how to have a more secure mobile work environment? The answer to this question is that inside, users really just don’t care.

The average corporate user of a mobile device has a litany of reasons why they think they don’t need to listen to the advice of their security organization. Some of these reasons are more legitimate than others, but what they really boil down to is the fact that they all indicate a lack of economic incentive when compared against required effort. The end result is that the user just doesn’t care about the problem.

  • There are so many phones out there, it won’t happen to me. The chances are too slim.
  • I don’t understand the danger here? I mean it’s a smartphone, nobody attacks phones.
  • What do you mean I have to act in a secure manner? How do I do that?
  • But I downloaded this app from the official marketplace. What do you mean it’s not secure?!
  • You put firewalls and antivirus garbage on my laptop and it’s slow as heck, and I STILL get infected. Security doesn’t work.

Read more: Veracode

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: