This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Deploying Silverlight with WCF Services

| Thursday, February 3, 2011
So I know that this topic is nothing new, however, this is still one of the most common deployment issues that people ask me about.  That being the case, I decided to add a post on the topic to demonstrate my approach.

I love the work the Silverlight team has put in to generating client stubs for web services.  It was not that long ago that I was having to write out all of those stubs and I’m glad to be done with it. However, there is one piece of the puzzle that seams to be missing from the solution: smooth deployment of the Silverlight application and the WCF services.

Setting up Our Project
To get started on the topic, let’s begin by setting up a project so we can look at what is going on under the hood.

Start by creating a new “Siverlight Application” in Visual Studio 2010.  When creating the project, make sure you have the following two options set: “Host the Silverlight applcation in a new Web site” and do not check the “Enable WCF RIA Services”.

image_thumb.png

Read more: .NET Rocker

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: