This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

iPhone app development with Linux

| Monday, January 10, 2011
My employer, Chariot Solutions, held an in-house, week-long iPhone development course, taught by the folks at Big Nerd Ranch.

The course was great, we all learned a lot, and several of our folks are working on some apps, including one that they announced recently at JBoss World.

80% or more of our consultants have MacBook Pros, however, I opted for a Dell with Ubuntu when I joined Chariot about a year and a half ago.
I borrowed a MacBook for the course (thanks, Ken!), but have been feeling a bit left out since then, as the official Apple development tools (XCode and Interface Builder) only run on OS X.

I had previously whined about the fact that the official toolchain uses GCC under the covers, and that therefore, someone who knows GCC well (as in not me) ought to be able to get something working on Linux. Since then, I’ve seen a few pages on the web with instructions for getting arm-apple-darwin9-gcc working on Linux, but none seemed to have complete instructions on how to get the development environment working.

Well, yesterday, I decided to look harder, and found a site that explains setup of an iPhone development environment on Linux in detail.

Read more: Mobile DevZone

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: