This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

How to use Google Data API in ASP.NET MVC. Part 1

| Sunday, April 18, 2010
It's really amazing that Google let developers access and use its services data via GData  easily. It's really easy to interact with services like Calendar, Analytics, Google Reader, Blogger, YouTube, etc. using GData.

There are also several libraries for languages and technologies to include and use in your project.

Recently I needed to use Google API in a project to interact with YouTube and Google Analytics in an ASP.NET MVC application. My scenario was not too complicated and so I decided to share my experience in two separate blog posts and you're reading the first one of this series: using GData to retrieve a websites' visitors statistics information which is monitored by Google Analytics.

As I mentioned before, my scenario was not complicated and I just wanted to retrieves total number of page views as well as today and yesterday's page views number. Ready? Here we go!

First of all you need to download GData .NET library from Google Code and add references to these assemblies in your project:

   * Google.GData.Analytics.dll
   * Google.GData.Client.dll
   * Google.GData.Extensions.dll

Read more: Mahdi Taghizadeh

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: