This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

There’s a new Open Source Reporting Engine in town: MonoReports

| Monday, December 13, 2010
Writing a new reporting engine is challenging that will work for people in real-world situations. As I’ve learned over the last three years – the problems aren’t just about having a cool designer and rendering data into tables or charts. (Trust me on this one. One day I’ll explain all the other components that have to go into an enterprise-level reporting framework)

In any case, it’s amazing to see someone take this task on: Today I found out that Tomasz Kubacki started his MonoReports project.

He’s got a 6 minute video on youtube. Now the video doesn’t have any audio – So, below the embedded video I’ve pointed out some things that I found interesting while watching

Defining Datasets in code
Screenshot below says it all. Looks to be very easy to create a dataset in C# code. If you’ve seen my AX SSRS Screencasts you know how important “data methods” in C# are for AX SSRS Reporting – so I am glad to see how easy it is below.

2744.SNAGHTML48ed49ab_5F00_thumb_5F00_6547F88A.png

Read more: Saveen Reddy's blog

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: