This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

GBackupSolution - Visual Studio Extension VSX 2008/2010

| Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Contents

   * Introduction
   * Features
   * Using the code
         o Create a basic add-in
         o Create a setting class to store your settings
         o Create options page form
         o Create class for backup purpose
         o Getting all item files of a solution
         o Compress all to the backup file.
         o The end.
   * Download and Installation
   * Summary
   * History

Introduction

When searching a way to backup my source code, I found a great application at CodeProject to do this kind of job:

   * Backup2Gmail: Backup Project Files to Gmail

I love the idea of an automated, daily, off-site backup and then send the backup file to Gmail for storing with their amazing services. But I think it’s dangerous to backup your source codes to Gmail without password, and it will save out times more than if this tool were written as an extension of Visual Studio then we can backup any time we want. Therefore, I began to find an add-in which can do the same but the pity is that there’s no add-in like that. BTW, I found some great projects in backing-up your solution to store locally:

   * ProjectZip 1.6: Zip up the source code for your latest CodeProject article
   * ZipStudio: Zip up a Visual Studio solution directly from the Visual Studio Solution Explorer window.
   * SolutionZipper: VS 2005 Add-in Cleans and Zips a Solution in One Step.

In the other hand, one of them does not have some options or features that I usually use for my job so I decided to make a new one. And I also show you how to create an add-in for Visual Studio step-by-step.

Read more: Codeproject

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: