This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Hibernate hurdles

| Tuesday, February 8, 2011
I've been using Hibernate for the better half of 10 years now (since Hibernate 2), and while I really like Hibernate it still surprises me from time to time how complex things can get. This post highlights a few of these hurdles. I'm pretty sure other ORMs have the same or similar issues, but I'll use Hibernate here because that's what I know best. To demonstrate things I will use the classic Order/LineItem example:

@Entity
@Table(name = "T_ORDER")
public class Order {

@Id
@GeneratedValue
private Long id;

@ElementCollection
@CollectionTable(name = "T_LINE_ITEM")
private Set<LineItem> lineItems = new HashSet<LineItem>();

public Long getId() {
 return id;
}

public Set<LineItem> getLineItems() {
 return lineItems;
}

public int getTotalPrice() {
 int total = 0;
 for (LineItem lineItem : lineItems) {
  total += lineItem.getPrice();
 }
 return total;
}
}

@Embeddable
public class LineItem {

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
private Product product;

private int price;

@SuppressWarnings("unused")
private LineItem() {
}


Read more: ERWIN VERVAET

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: