This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

CryptoAPI Tracer script

| Sunday, February 20, 2011
Hi, welcome back,

As I promised in my previous post, How to trace CryptoAPI calls, I'm posting the complete script I'm developing to trace all CryptoAPI calls being made by an application. This script shows the In & Out parameters being passed to the API, the result of calling the API, and in case of error, the error number and message that the API returned.

This script is a Beta version. I'm missing many APIs, and what I call in the script "DEFAULT TRACERS" are there to catch any API starting by Crypt* and Cert* and remind me which ones I'm missing in case I need them. Currently those default tracers are disabled. Additionally, when flags are passed to an API I try to show those flags in clear text, but I'm still missing many of them. MSDN and Platform SDK will help me complete the script. I just need time. A lot of time. There are many APIs, many parameters, many flags.

But with current version of the script I've solved many, many cases related to CryptoAPI issues very, very easily. The APIs I have already included are the most commonly used by my customers, .NET and CAPICOM.

Read more: Decrypt my World

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: