This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

A VS2010 Project Made From Post: How to: Host a WCF Service in a Managed Windows Service

| Sunday, June 20, 2010
MSDN has a very nice article on how to create a windows service that hosts a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service.  It explains all the details of doing this in a step by step fashion.  One thing that I often find missing from these articles is the actual Visual Studio project that I can download and play with.  What I usually do is put that together myself (which I’m sure is the author’s intent).

To save anyone some time who wants to do the same thing, I’ve created a VS2010 project from the example, added a very simple Windows C# console application that consumes the service, as well as made some small changes in a very nice Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) calculator project so that the calculator does it operations inside the windows service rather than in the calculator itself.

In this article, I’ve attached the source code (with my small changes and additions) for you to work with and change as you like.

First, here is the project:
Visual Studio 2010 Project Project Zip Here
Now, let’s talk about the details

Read more: PeterKellner.net

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: