This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

TeamViewer goes cross-platform, now available for download on Linux

| Thursday, April 15, 2010
Well, I can now cross yet another application off my list of apps I'd miss if I switched to Linux. TeamViewer, my remote support application of choice, has arrived -- bringing its zero-config screen sharing goodness to Linux.

Some of the more recent additions -- like per-application screen sharing via TeamViewer's toolbar button -- haven't made it into the Linux version yet, but things administrators need most are there. Remote (both hosting and control), file transfer, chat (both text and voice), and session recording all work nicely. Partner Lists are also available on Linux, making remote connections to your saved hosts a cinch.

Right now, TeamViewer for Linux is beta software. Like other TV betas I've tested on Windows and Mac, however, the Linux version is very usable and every bit as solid as most of the stable release software I run.

Read more: DownloadSquad

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: