This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Creating a Custom Silverlight Pre-Loader

| Sunday, March 7, 2010
I have been doing Silverlight development since it was released. One question I get asked a lot is how do to create a custom pre-loader for my application. What do I mean by pre-loader? Well, it can be called many things; it could be called a pre-loader, splash screen, or a loading screen. No matter what you want to call it, here is the one you get by default.

I thought creating a custom pre-loader was common knowledge, but I guess I was wrong. So, what is a custom pre-loader really? Well, it is a small and lightweight Silverlight application that runs while your main Silverlight application is being downloaded to the client. Creating your own is really easy and only involves a few basic steps.

The first thing we need to do is add a Silverlight JavaScript  page to the Web project of your Silverlight application. So just right click your Web project and click add new item, then select Silverlight JScript Page.

Read more: <elegantcode/>

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: