This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Debugging unknown termination of adplusmanager.exe

| Tuesday, March 9, 2010
With the latest release of debugging tools (6.12.0002.633) comes AdplusManager.exe  ,which is in managed code.  The adplusmanager.exe is a tool to manage multiple instance of adplus running across in different machines. Essentially a Master to control different slaves.  I will blog about the usage of this in a future post.

When I tried to start the AdplusManager.exe from the command line , nothing happened. My guess was if I didn’t enter any command line parameters , the tool should come up with the help text in the command line, similar to rest of command line tools I have used from MS. The next option I tried was  “AdplusManager.exe HELP” and there wasn’t any output. Surprisingly I went back to the documentation to look for command line parameters , which I never do, because I expect the tool to provide me with options. After reading the documentation for the parameters , the next option I tried was “D:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)\adplusmanager.exe” GUI and nothing happened.  The only choice was to launch adplusmanager.exe using Windbg.

Because it was failing on the startup of the application ,I had set a load break-point when mscorwks was loaded in to the process , So that I can load sos after CLR is  loaded.
sxe -c ".loadby sos mscorwks;g" ld:mscorwks

And then setup a break-point on CLR exception , to dump the call stack and exception information
sxe -c "!clrstack;!pe" clr

Read more: Naveen's Blog

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: