This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

An Overview Of System.Collections.Generic

| Wednesday, February 24, 2010
I recently put up a post on my blog about some of the new concurrent collections in .NET 4.0, and I noticed that a lot of people were being sent by Google to those posts who were only searching for System.Collections. I figured that maybe people could use a similar overview of the collections available to them in the System.Collections.Generic namespace, since it seems to me that no one uses anything other than List and Dictionary. So, in this post, I am going to take a look at a few of those collections, and explain exactly why you would want to use them.

Keep in mind as you read through this list that you shouldn't just start switching out collection types in code that you already have working. If something is working and performing properly for you, it is almost always better to take the easier route until you have proof that the easy approach does not work for you.

Read more: CodeThinked

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: