This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Mercurial integration with Visual Studio

| Thursday, February 25, 2010
I recently posted about how to integrate Git with Visual Studio. Of course Git is not the only DVCS out there.

Mercurial is another source control system similar to Git that is having more and more relevance. Google code have been supporting it for quite a while and recently Microsoft announced that Codeplex is adding it as an option for new projects. (Codeplex already supported TFS and Subversion).

At work we use Fogbugz as our bug tracking/project management tool. A few months ago the people at Fogcreek started a beta for Kiln a code review/source control system that runs on top of mercurial.

I sign up for the beta and have been running a pilot project on it. Since I really like it I decided to start moving all our projects to Kiln and ditch Subversion. The piece that I was missing was a good integration into VS for the rest of my team.

A few day ago I found Mercurial VSS an integration package for Mercurial into VS.

The installation is very simple, just select the version of VS you want to install against (version 1.0.7 released today integrates without problems with both VS 2008 and 2010 RC).

Read more: The Dynamic Programmer

Posted via email from jasper22's posterous

0 comments: