This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Customizing Group Row Header of Silverlight DataGrid

| Wednesday, January 19, 2011
image%5B14%5D.png?imgmax=800

Earlier in December 2010, I posted three articles on DataGrid titled as "Grouping Records in Silverlight DataGrid using PagedCollectionView", "Filtering Records in Silverlight DataGrid using PagedCollectionView" and "Paginating Records in Silverlight DataGrid using PagedCollectionView". If you didn't read them, go thru each articles to know more about Silverlight DataGrid.

One of my reader "Dan" asked me to write an article on "Group Row Header customization of Silverlight DataGrid" and here is that article for you. If you want to do UI customization of Row Group Header, this article will definitely help you. Here, I will show you how to modify the XAML to add different content to create a multi level row group header too.


Background

Earlier, I was looking for some solution to create a multilevel Group Row Header in a Silverlight DataGrid and found some good points over various forums including Tim's Blog. I explored them more and found that, yes, we can customize the template to create a multi level group header (but it is limited to only two levels, means if you add more levels of header the rest of the group header will look as same as the second header). I thought to write an article explaining all these so that, you can understand it properly. But due to lack of time, I was unable to complete it.

By that time, one of reader "Dan" asked me to help him to do the same. I thought to complete the article so that, other people will also get help from it in future.

Read more: Kunal's Blog

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: