This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Hash for the holidays [Managed implementation of CRC32 and MD5 algorithms updated; new release of ComputeFileHashes for Silverlight, WPF, and the command-line!]

| Tuesday, December 7, 2010
It feels like a long time since I last wrote about hash functions (though certain curmudgeonly coworkers would say not long enough!), and there were a few loose ends I've been meaning to deal with...

Aside: If my hashing efforts are new to you, more information can be found in my introduction to the ComputeFileHashes command-line tool and the subsequent release of ComputeFileHashes versions for the WPF and Silverlight platforms.


When I first needed a managed implementation of the CRC-32 algorithm a while back, I ended up creating one from the reference implementation. Thanks to the strong similarities between C and C#, the algorithm itself required only minimal tweaks and the majority of my effort was packaging it up as a .NET HashAlgorithm. Because HashAlgorithm is the base class of all .NET hash functions, the CRC32 class ends up being trivial to drop into any .NET application that already deals with hashing.

Read more: Delay's Blog

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: