This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Flex 4 for Silverlight/.NET Developers. Part 1. Introduction

| Thursday, November 11, 2010
As readers of this blog probably know, my main occupation over the last couple of years was .NET (WPF/Silverlight/WP7) side of amCharts product line. If you are familiar with the product you know that it started as Adobe Flash product and now expanded into Adobe Flex world too. I always wanted to be able to understand first hand what’s going on in our Flash/Flex products but was delaying the dive into Adobe world time after time. Now I finally got an opportunity to do something with Flex and had no excuse to skip it once again.

I decided to give Adobe’s own video course titled “Flex in a Week” a try and finished “Day 1” at this point. From the first second I felt that I’m looking at everything through .NET (WPF/Silverlight) developer’s perspective and thought that I’m probably not alone at this and it could be useful for people like me to have some articles about Flex targeted at .NET developers. So here we go…

Disclaimer: I’m not leaving .NET or something like that. This is just a side project to widen my personal professional horizons and be in the loop of stuff happening in other parts of amCharts product family and RIA world.

Tooling
I won’t try to disprove the myth that developers working on MS stack are very dependent on tooling and start straight from the tools.

The Visual Studio equivalent in Flex 4 world is called Flash Builder (formerly Flex Builder). Here’s how it looks

Read more: <devblog>.ailon.org

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: