This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

BigMemory is out! Garbage Collection RIP

| Thursday, November 11, 2010
I'm sure like many of you, I tend to browse DZone for interesting articles/blog posts. As a guy who works on Java server-side software, articles related Garbage Collection always catches my eye. Today while browsing on DZone I came across this article on Garbage Collection tuning.

Halfway through reading the article I realized the irony: I'm reading a pretty well written article on how to tune your Java Garbage Collector on the same day Terracotta announced GA for our BigMemory product. As I spelled out here and here BigMemory makes the need for tuning unnecessarily. And if your talking about Java Heaps large; GC Tuning? Forgetaboutit!

Read more: Javasmith

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: