This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

15 Things I’ve discovered about Silverlight.

| Sunday, October 24, 2010
I love Silverlight and have written / talked about it a lot. I can’t help but notice that a lot of people are new to Silverlight or may have played with it a few times. Well this post is for you. It is a list of 15 things that I’ve discovered since I started developing for Silverlight. If you are a full-time Silverlight developer than I would hope you know most of these. I promise not to scare off anyone with talks of MVVM, Prism or MEF.

1) The line highlighted below represents the MIME type and it is not the runtime version of Silverlight. Many developers are at first confused about this because they think it is referring to the Silverlight version (example: Silverlight 4).  

HTML/ASPX markup of a Silverlight Hosted Application

image_thumb_1.png

2) You can’t use .GIF images with Silverlight. Use .PNG files if you need images in a Silverlight application. If you must use .gif’s then you should consider using the .NET Image Tools Library for Silverlight. Many people are also building web services that will convert the .gif files to .PNG. I would recommend converting the images to .PNG with a tool like Paint.NET.

image61_thumb.png

Read more: Michael Crump

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: