This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Browsing Android 2.2 (Froyo) Source code in Eclipse

| Tuesday, August 10, 2010
   No matter how good an API documentation is, if you have access to the code. The code is the best documentation.
Android is huge in scale becoming automatically poor in documentation. It’s getting better and better everyday but so far I’ve needed to pop the hood for a more thorough look every now and then.
   The source code isn’t distributed with the SDK, and my beloved jadclipse just goes bananas when I try to open any of its class files.
You could always browse the source tree online but it isn’t just as effective and me being the possessive freak I am couldn’t let it go. So here is what I did to be able to browse from eclipse, you don’t have to go through with all of this a link to the resultant jar file is at the end of the post:

  1. Went to http://android.git.kernel.org/
  2. Followed the instructions to install git and repo
  3. Started with the base package (Framework classes) – added more as I went along but I only started with the base.git and you’ll probably only need this.
  4. Zipped the sources (only the java files) !!

Read more: Big Blue Brains

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: