This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Features NO ONE NOTICED in Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Web

| Tuesday, March 20, 2012
There's a bunch of new stuff in Visual Studio 11 Express for Web that I suspect not everyone noticed. Remember that Express is our free version of Visual Studio. Sometimes I hear folks complain that Express isn't advanced enough, even though its free.

Unit Testing is Built-into Visual Studio Express

For example, no one noticed that Unit Testing is in Express. You can add a Unit Test to an existing Web Solution. I'll add a Unit Test Project, the right click on References and add a reference to System.Web.Mvc to my ASP.NET MVC Application.

Note the new Add Reference dialog? It's got a search box, it's multi-threaded, and I can add multiple references by checkbox. That's new stuff, friends. Subtle, but it is one of those "death by a thousand tiny cuts" things that the team is trying to fix.

Inline image 1

I can setup a bunch of tests for my ASP.NET MVC application and run them by right clicking "Run Tests."

Inline image 2

Browser Chooser/Launcher in the Toolbar

When you hit F5 or Ctrl-F5 to check out or debug your website you often want to try it in different browsers. You can easily switch between browsers now, directly:

Read more: Scott Hanselman
QR: Inline image 3

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: