This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

How to write and run a C Program in Visual Studio 2010

| Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Today I was recalling good days of language C and got tempted to play around POINTERS, STRUCTURE, and DATA STRUCTURE etc. I started to write some C code and as soon as I started, the first hurdle came that where to write code? I was running on 64 bit Windows 7 machine with Visual Studio 2010. I binged and found much suggestion to download this and install that etc. However being fan and loyal user of Visual Studio, I was more desired to use rich IDE of Visual studio for my C program. To my surprise it is quite possible to use Visual Studio 2010 to write and compile code in C language.

In this post I am going to walkthrough writing C program in Visual Studio 2010. Follow the steps as below,

    Create a new project by clicking File->New->Project.
    From Installed Template choose other language
    Choose language Visual C++
    In Visual C++ choose tab Win32
    Choose project type Win32 Console Application

See the image below,

image_thumb24.png?w=594&h=375

Read more: DZone .NET zone
QR: how-write-and-run-c-program

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: