This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

11 Alternatives to Microsoft Sharepoint

| Sunday, February 19, 2012
I have just started to get my hands on a huge gigantic software (another one) from Microsoft called the Microsoft Sharepoint, and since I am more of a open-source kind of a guy I am not very comfortable with it for now… will be soon :) .
It’s a massive collaborative software package which is associated with content management and document management systems. But those are just a part of it , it’s actually a big collection of more capabilities and services like for web technologies, intranet portals, extranets, websites, document & file management, collaboration spaces, social tools, enterprise search, business intelligence, process integration, system integration, workflow automation and core infrastructure for third-party solutions.

So I just had a small idea for the fact that it also costs a lot and it takes a lot of time for a person like me to get used to a Microsoft product if he/she is not used to it … so I started to look for (just in case) other alternatives for Sharepoint which a smaller company may use or understand better. So I decided to make a list of it and post it in my blog :) so maybe it can help out a few other people like me

1. Alfresco
2. O3Spaces


Read more: Arunace
QR: Inline image 1

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: