This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Practical Usage of Tuple in C#

| Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Introduction of ‘Tuple’ in .NET Framework 4.0, really filled in a missing piece in C#. Apart from giving us the ability to interoperate with functional languages like F# or Python/Ruby, It does offer the convenience of heterogeneous collection which can take form of any class or structure that you would have created otherwise.

In C#, I feel Tuple syntax is still in its early stages and I am hopeful it will take more friendly syntax in next iterations. I have been explaining the concept of Tuple quite a while now during my presentations. Some of the questions that people ask me during my presentations are:

Do we really need Tuple?
What is the practical use of Tuple?

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: