This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Random tip: wtf is"7 CDCs" and debugging on a Samsung Galaxy Tab

| Wednesday, March 9, 2011
ust a quick note on some issues I had debugging a MonoDroid app I've been playing with (MonoDroid is very cool, BTW)... for some reason I couldn't get a Samsumg Galaxy Tab to be recognised as a USB device when connected to my 64-bit Windows 7 PC. 

Googling turned up a few different 'ideas' like Samsung Galaxy S Problems, Samsung Kies Software and PC connectivity and Connect Samsung Galaxy S with Kies on your PC - The MTP Error. None of those suggestions worked for me, despite a lot of mucking about with driver installs.

It turned out a hint in this post on USB connection trouble fixed my problem... "somehow" the device's USB port was set to 'modem mode' and I had to type *#7284# on the phone keypad to re-set it! Un-in-tuitive!

Galax2.jpg

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: