This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

We are hiring!

| Monday, December 27, 2010
In 2005, I got out of the army, and looked for a job. I felt that I had all the necessary qualifications (at the time, I had already written Rhino Mocks), but I run into an interesting problem. I didn’t have any commercial experience. I am sure that you are familiar with the tale. All the jobs require at least 2 – 3 years experience, and the list of qualification looked like someone just raided the TLA storage facilities.

That was pretty annoying at the time, and I wished I could do something about it. Now I can.

We aren’t hiring additional full time employees (at least not right now), but we are hiring interns. The main idea is to enable people to gain commercial experience while working on cool software.

Some information that you probably need to know:

You have to know to program in C#. If you have OSS credentials, that is all for the better, but it is not required.
This is a paid position, you are not expected to work for free.
It is not a remote position, our offices are located in the Southern Industrial Area in Hadera, Israel.
I’m not going to ask you to do all the annoying work. There is some annoying stuff to do (mostly docs), but look below to see what exactly I have in mind.
This position entails:

Working on our shipping products (the Uber Prof line of products and the Raven DB / Raven MQ line).

Among other things, I have earmarked the following features for you:

Raven DB’s query optimizer.
Raven DB’s auto sharding & scaling.
Raven DB’s clustering support.
Uber Prof’s production profiling feature.

Read more: Ayende @ Rahien

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: