This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Combining Abstract Classes and Interfaces

| Tuesday, December 28, 2010
I've been continuing to work with my GUI classes in XNA. I'm in the process of remodeling the base class to make things more extensible and customizable. I use an abstract base class Control that all controls inherit from so they can be iterated over easily. I also have a class that can manage all of the controls that are present on the screen. I started experimenting with combining the base class with interfaces. I'm pleased with the results. I created a number of interfaces for different types of controls that can be used to extend the abstract base class providing a well defined public interface for accessing the controls. So now the base class Control has just two fields exposed by properties.

public abstract class Control
{
   #region Field Region

   string name;
   object tag;

   

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: