This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

SQL SERVER – Minimum Maximum Memory – Server Memory Options

| Monday, November 1, 2010
I was recently reading about SQL Server Memory Options over here. While reading this one line really caught my attention is minimum value allowed for maximum memory options.

The default setting for min server memory is 0, and the default setting for max server memory is 2147483647. The minimum amount of memory you can specify for max server memory is 16 megabytes (MB).

This was very interesting to me as I was not familiar with this details. This was one interesting detail for me. In reality I will never set up my max server memory to 16 MB, it will be right out suicide for the server looking at current systems capabilities.

memsetting.jpg

Read more: Journey to SQL Authority with Pinal Dave

Posted via email from .NET Info

0 comments: