This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

HOWTO: Generate C# request object for GitHub hooks

| Wednesday, February 13, 2013
This week I needed to create a web service for synchronizing changes from GitHub repository into our internal environment. This is easily achievable using two great tools, I just came across.

First, GitHub has created requestb.in - which is really awesome development tool. You can create your own bins, which exposes an endpoint for you that tracks all the requests made to it. As GitHub suggested, I added new hook (go to github.com -> settings -> service hooks -> webhook urls) with this bin I created in requestb.in. This way, I received the json object that GitHub sends to the endpoint.

After I got the json object, I used another awesome tool that I'm going to keep in my bookmarks: http://json2csharp.com/ It converts your json object to c# class definition. Much more convenient than writing all the classes from scratch.

Read more: Code It !
QR: Inline image 1

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: