This is a mirror of official site: http://jasper-net.blogspot.com/

Hosting a WCF service on GoDaddy

| Wednesday, November 16, 2011
For one of my projects, I need to use a WCF service to perform some data manipulations. It is targeting .NET Framework 3.5. It is all good when I try to test the service locally – either in the context of the ASP.NET development server or in the context of IIS7 – no problems at all with the default configuration.

The problem was quite unexpected – when I decided to host my service on my own space (paying for hosting with GoDaddy – Windows Server hosting [IIS7] with .NET support), it didn’t work. What I did is I created a simple folder using a FTP client called svc35 in the server root and copied the code-behind and the service files into that folder. When I tried accessing the service from the web browser, all I’ve got was this error message:

image_thumb_3.png

Read more: .NET Zone
QR: hosting-wcf-service-godaddy

Posted via email from Jasper-net

0 comments: